Saturday, September 13, 2008

Driving through the park


Summer is at and end, so I took a trip through Rocky Mountain National Park on 9/7. It's really sad to see all of the trees - mostly pole pines that have been and are being destroyed by beetles. Hundreds of thousands of them.
Still, Colorado offers many great things to see and photograph: Wildlife; waterfalls; mountains; lakes; streams; sunsets....


This waterfall is located very close to the "Old River Road" that runs through RMNP. It's a very nice drive. Be sure you want to drive the entire 11 miles or so though; the road is one way once you get started. It's narrow and quite a climb.





This lone marmot was atop a very high peak. These little critters don't really seem to be terrified when I get close to them. I usually talk to them (yes, I am slightly strange) and the sound of my voice must amuse them. This one was happy to pose. I promised to bring him a print next spring.
Enjoy the rest...










More at My site

No comments: